It’s numbers time! 9 weeks in.
- 98 (-69) Organic searches over the last 30 days
- 43 (-14) Percentage derived from organic searches over the last 30 days divided by the same period a year previous
- 21 (-5) Position of “large cottages devon” in Google search
- 24 (+7) Position of “stag party houses” in Google search
- 83 (-11) Position of “40th birthday party ideas” in Google search
- 28 (+22) Position of “50th birthday party ideas” in Google search
- 37 (+22) Position of “party house with pool” in Google search
- Unranked Alexa rank
- 1.8 (0) Moz rank
- 18 (0) Domain Authority
- 23 (+1) Trust Flow
- 19 (+1) Citation Flow
- 124 (-47) External links in Google Search Console
- 32 (+7) Linking sites in Google Search Console
The values in brackets are the change from the original benchmarks of So? Is it Working 1? Positives are good news and what we are hoping for, negatives are not so good.
Now it’s fortunate that I wasn’t too enthusiastic about our previous figures, or I could be extremely concerned by this set. Figures 1 and 2 are at their lowest, our best placed keyword is down to 21 and we’ve lost 47 external links. But, again, it’s still too soon to tell and with such a small dataset, big swings are to be expected. It will settle down (trust me, I’ve just looked at the data for next month!).
And there are some positives: ’50th birthday party ideas’ and ‘party house with pool’ are bounding up the charts, we have modest improvements in Trust Flow and Citation Flow, and 7 more linking sites as some new backlinks have started to appear!
As for the 47 dropped external links, they are still all due to Yell.com who have removed another 15. I did notice that our data on their site was in need of updating though, which may account for a change. A little research seems to suggest that a drop might not actually be a bad thing, as having a disproportionate number of links from a single site could look spammy to Google. Ever the optimist!
Date of Activity: 26th November 2018
Planning a special party or family occasion? Looking for the perfect venue? Our large Devon holiday home sleeps 26 and has an amazing indoor pool. To find out more visit the Bicclescombe Grange website.