It’s numbers time! 8 weeks in.
- 121 (-46) Organic searches over the last 30 days
- 51 (-6) Percentage derived from organic searches over the last 30 days divided by the same period a year previous
- 16 (0) Position of “large cottages devon” in Google search
- 21 (+10) Position of “stag party houses” in Google search
- 67 (+5) Position of “40th birthday party ideas” in Google search
- 25 (+25) Position of “50th birthday party ideas” in Google search
- 42 (+17) Position of “party house with pool” in Google search
- Unranked Alexa rank
- 1.8 (0) Moz rank
- 18 (0) Domain Authority
- 23 (+1) Trust Flow
- 19 (+1) Citation Flow
- 124 (-47) External links in Google Search Console
- 31 (+6) Linking sites in Google Search Console
The values in brackets are the change from the original benchmarks of So? Is it Working 1? Positives are good news and what we are hoping for, negatives are not so good.
So, nothing unusual there right? Oh, you noticed. Yes, we have no Alexa Rank now. ‘Who cares?’ you’re probably thinking, ‘Didn’t know what it was anyway!’ Well, you soon will:
Alexa, explain yourself!
Yes, it is indeed related to all the various ways you can talk to Amazon devices. Historically though, a site’s Alexa Rank is just a measure of how great Amazon thinks your site is, primarily I think by measuring traffic. Not sure if it was always an Amazon thing or if they just wanted the name and bought it. Could probably find out… but I’m not going to. Need to keep a little mystery in our lives! Regardless, we’ve had an Alexa rank for at least 12 years and at one point it was about 3 million, globally. I didn’t actually realise how great that was, until it started going down to lately, 12 million and, as of this week, to not being ranked at all.
Because it’s been around for a while and is backed by a big company and probably has pretty good and reliable data it is probably well regarded and maybe Google uses it too. So this is possibly a worry. I’m inclined not to worry though, not just because I’m like that, but because I think it is probably not a hugely significant factor and I’ve every reason to think our rank will return next month when our traffic figures soar. (And also we’ve just taken three bookings, so hey, must be doing something right!)
Otherwise, the figures are, as expected, pretty dull. Again.
Date of Activity: 19th November 2018
Planning a special party or family occasion? Looking for the perfect venue? Our large Devon holiday home sleeps 26 and has an amazing indoor pool. To find out more visit the Bicclescombe Grange website.